This module focuses on how to run a rehearsal that everyone in the room can access, enjoy and musically develop from.
This module is for anyone who wants to develop their approach to running ensemble rehearsals in a mixed-skill level context. It will guide your planning of an inclusive ensemble rehearsal.
The ensemble in the videos is a wind band. However, the approaches covered can be applied to a wide range of ensembles, including classical and non-classical contexts. The module also asks you to reflect on how to include musicians with additional needs in your rehearsals.
In this module, you will learn how to:
- Fully include musicians with additional needs in your rehearsal
- Build rapport with your ensemble
- Plan musically relevant and skill level-appropriate warm-ups
- Plan engaging, enjoyable and well-structured rehearsal activities
- Consider how to develop specific areas of ensemble performance including tempo and musical expression
- Respond confidently and actively to the needs of your ensemble throughout a rehearsal
- Support your ensemble to reflect musically on their performance
This module will take about three hours to complete.
What you will need:
- Speakers or headphones
- Internet access
Module leader: Justin Fung (conductor) with Sheffield Music Hub Wind Band.
£25 for one year’s access